CNN: A Taiwan village where wishes light up the night sky
When you’re picked up from Keelung Cruise Port, we recommend this share Taiwan tour for who has just one day to discover both history and view of northern Taiwan.
- Shifen Waterfall, a 40m tall waterfall that creates a rainbow as it splashes into the lake
- Located in the Pingxi area, Shifen Old Streets is a collection of lanes and alleys, originally built for transporting coal during the Japanese era
- Both Pingxi and Shifen are rich in culture and history and provide natural scenery. Events like Sky Lantern Festival
draw visitors to create a Lantern with a wish written on it to set into the sky
- During World War II, Jiufen housed a Japanese prisoner of war camp where captured Allied Force soldiers were forced to work in the gold mines
- Golden Waterfall's distinct color and name come from the metals left over from the old gold mine
We provide Muslim-friendly services like bathroom facilities, halal prayer room, meals at halal certified restaurant, seafood or vegetarian restaurant.
(You may be interested in: How Sky Lantern Involved in Eco-Conflicts & What Eco-Lantern Can Help?
& Remembering Taiwan’s Kinkaseki POW Camp