Taiwan has one of the most efficient postal system in the world. No matter you are living in Taiwan or not, you may need helps from Taiwan’s post office.
Here are typical services you will need while you are enjoying Taiwan tour!
- Address name is written in the center and addresses in the right of the envelop/package. Zip code is written on the upper right-hand corner. Sender’s name and address are written on the lower left-hand of the envelop/package. Zip code is written on the left-hand corner of the address.
- Address name and address are written in the center right of the envelop/package. Zip code is written on the first line of the address. Sender’s name and address are written on the upper left-hand corner or on the reverse side of the envelop/package. Zip code is written on the first line of the address.
- Address name, address and zip code are written in the center right of the envelop/package. Sender’s name, address and zip code are written on the upper left-hand corner or on the reverse side of the envelop/package.
Mailboxs are in color of red and green in Taiwan. For domestic mail, please put in the green one; airmail and prompt delivery go to the red one. Therefore, if you want to send a postcard abroad, please put in the left of the red mailbox!
(Read more: Time: Two Mailboxes Are the Newest Taiwanese Celebrities After a Supertyphoon)
Quick Search here.
- Domestic Letter-Post Items
- Domestic Parcels
- Domestic Speedpost Items
- International Letter-Post Items
- To send a postcard back to your hometown, check the rate here!
- International Parcels and EMS Items
- Calculate your rate here.
- Letter Post for Mainland China
【Track & Trace Service】
If you successfully send anything, you can easily track your item here.
【Post Office Locations】
Find out the nearest post office here.
Please do not send any of them on the list below!
You can easily open an account even you are a foreigner:
- Present a valid residency permit and passport, if not, you are required to present a “Record of ID Number in the Republic of China” (available upon request from the branch offices of National Immigration Agency) as an alternative.
- All post offices in Taiwan are available for applying with the above documents and more than NTD.10.
- You may apply for the ATM card simultaneously when you open an account, but the Visa Debit Card is more highly recommended.
【Visa Debit Card】
Note that the Visa Debit Card does not have the function of delayed payment as credit card, neither does it have the functions of cash advance. That is why lots of college students in Taiwan have this card to regulate their expenditure.
Application process and documentation requirements:
- The applicant must be at least 16 years old, have a passbook savings account (including the integrated postal savings account), and must bring their valid ROC (Taiwan) Resident Certificate (or Record of ID NO.in the Republic of China and valid passport) to any post office (Branch-limited accounts should go to the original post office where the account was established) to apply for the Visa Debit Card.
Visa Debit Card purchases limit:
- The maximum accumulated spending limit is NTD.60,000 daily and NTD.100,000 monthly.
|Withdrawals abroad||NT$100 handling fee for every withdrawal plus an additional 1.5% international clearing fee.|
|Debit transactions abroad||1.5% international clearing fee.|
|Reissue of ATM card||NT$100 (per case)|
|VISA debit card purchases|
and overseas ATM
|Free of charge if within 3 months.|
NT$100 per month if beyond 3 months.
|Sales draft request||NT$100 (per case)|
【Money Exchanger & Travelers Cheques】
- Money Exchanger:
- The various currencies traded at appointed post offices include USD, JPY, EUR, HKD, and CNY (according to actual currencies provided by appointed post offices).
- Travelers Cheques in US Dollars:
- Multiple denominations of Travelers Cheques for customers are offered.
- The types and denominations of Travelers Cheques sold by appointed post offices might vary. If you wish to purchase them, please contact appointed post offices by phone in advance.
Taiwan’s post office also offer services such as Life Insurance Services, Stamp Services, Properties for Lease and Financial Management. If you want to know all the details, please go to Chunghwa Post Official Website or leave your question below, we will get in touch with you soon!